Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Writing, writing, and more writing

Hi everyone. I have nothing to report-- I spend most of my day writing, doing research for writing, or thinking about writing. And then I write about that. Really! My book is due ONE MONTH FROM TODAY. And actually, while it's feeling really good, I'm not kidding myself-- I know I'll be working and reworking on it right up until the last minute.

Right now, my typical day involves 1-2 hour sessions of writing, interspersed with periods of housework, yard work, walking, etc., to make sure my blood doesn't clot up or anything. (You think I'm kidding?)

What else is bugging me right now. Let's see....

Kate Hudson and her husband are splitting up. Why is this considered news?

According to the newspaper today, the obese now outnumber the hungry. You do the math. Obese isn't as simple as it used to be, either. It used to be matter of looking at some hugely overweight person and thinking, "Now they are obese!" Now it simply means that your bmi exceeds 30, which can apple to people who are even 20-25 lbs. overweight in some instances. I'm trying to do my part-- have lost 9 lbs in the past 5 weeks. For those of us who are overweight, is it becoming an issue of environmentalism? If I need to lose 30 more pounds, do those 30 pounds represent my ridiculous overuse of the grazing land, water, and fossil fuels that it took to create all of that extra food that I shouldn't have eaten?

Dell is recalling a million and a half laptop batteries, a repair needed to keep the laptops from bursting into flame. Wouldn't you love to see that? (Buy Apple, people... buy Apple.)

Finally, an end-of-summer movie tip: Wicker Man, with Nicholas Cage. The original Wicker Man was a grade-B British cult classic (I own a copy) and the remake should be interesting and entertaining. And anything with Nicholas Cage, well-- he's great. Plus Ellen Burstyn will play the bad guy, er... gal, so we're in for some fun. Go here for the trailer. And here for a cool picture.

No comments: