Saturday, August 26, 2006

Our State Fair is a Great State Fair!


(Tip of the hat to Sue Barrette on that....)

Bill and I went to the Oregon State Fair last night. We had great fun! We saw....

Goats in coats...


An angry rooster...


A black poodle chicken...


Huge horses! This Belgian's back was almost 7 feet above the ground!


The Oscar Meyer Weinermobile...


A mother pig who needs a shoe to live in (9 piglets!) ...


The midway, as dusk fell...


Food consumption this year was sedate: really yummy chicken teriyaki with yakisoba and veggies, a huge butterscotch sundae (shared), and cotton candy (duh). No deep-fried Twinkies this year, thanks.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I want to go!
(I love the poodle chicken...made me laugh out loud.)

erinpesz said...

I also liked the poodle chicken. But you probably already knew that.

Katie said...

I went to a baby shower yesterday at my friend Megan's and she has three chickens -- Big Red, Little Red, and Zelda. They were cool. They ate cheese out of our hands :) so I felt instantly bonded with them. (Sharp cheddar, if you wondered...)