Thursday, January 19, 2006

Insane

My life is insane now. In a good way. I love school and my classes and my students, but I just get worn out. Last night I came home at 7:30, ate some dinner, sat down on the couch to read (Habermas and Derrida) and fell asleep. Woke 90 minutes later! AUGH! Ended up staying up until 12:30 to get my homework and teaching preparations done, then got up at 5:45 this morning. Trust me, I'm too old for this kind of schedule.

The insanity paused briefly yesterday when I met friend Valerie for a pre-birthday cup of coffee a my annual birthday tiramisu. It was soooooo good to see her. While we were trying to take the above photo in Starbucks, a man asked if we wanted him to take our picture. We said no. He looked concerned. Some people....

Here are some pretty pictures from a MLK trip to the Columbia Gorge last weekend. Here's one of Multnomah Falls....















...and here's one of snow and cloud--covered peaks on the Oregon side, taken from Skamania Lodge (Washington side).

It was rainy and cold that day, but just goes to show you that there's no such thing as a bad day in the Gorge.

No comments: